Most novice or untrained salespeople make the same three mistakes. In brief, they are;
- They don’t identify their target market and end up trying to sell to anyone and everyone.
- They are in too much of a hurry to show off their product.
- They try to “close” the sale without establishing if the prospect is even interested.
Now we know the common mistakes, here are three quick tips anyone can use to improve their sales performance…
1. Make sure that the person you’re selling to has some interest in what you offer.
The easiest way to do that is to ask “What problem does what I offer solve, and who has both the problem and the willingness to pay me to solve it for them?”
Once you’ve answered that question, approach people you suspect have that problem and ask if them if they have that problem, would they spare a few minutes for you to discuss your solution with them.
You may not see as many people; nevertheless, the ones you see will be interested in talking with you so you won’t be wasting either your time or theirs.
2. Now you know that they have the problem and are open to a solution, ask them more about the problem and how it impacts on them. Get them to explain it to you in detail by asking open questions.
3. Because you understand the issues and how they impact on your prospect, you can easily tell them how your solution will help them move forward. Explain the costs or fees so it shows they either make a financial gain or a saving in time, effort or money by engaging you or buying your product.
All you have to do now is agree to a timeline for implementation.
Simple really, isn’t it?
Are you interested in selling Verizon Wireless services? Call us at (855) SELL-VZW or fill out the form below. We look forward to talking to you soon!